Both T12 and T8 fluorescent light fixtures are considered outdated technology.
As of July 2010, by mandate of the Department of Energy, the T12 ballast and bulbs are no longer being manufactured. This means that the estimated one billion T12 fixtures currently in use will have to be changed over to either T8 or T5.
*Note T12 ballast factor not included in above calculations.
Changing lighting from T12 to T8 is an insignificant savings and may not qualify for the rebates and tax incentives that are available. Changing to T8 lighting requires changing not only the bulbs, but also the ballast, and continues to tie you to the burden of periodically replacing an inefficient ballast.
Changing lighting to T5 technology will save as much as 79% on your lighting costs. Changing to T5 technology will in almost every case qualify for available utility rebates and tax incentives. Using a T5 retrofit adapter is the least expensive, most efficient and simplest method to change from outdated lighting to the most efficient lighting solution available.
- Reduces Your Lighting Costs By Up to 79%
- Allows for De-lamping*, Increasing Savings While Producing Better and More Natural Light
- UL Listed
- T5 Bulbs Burn 1.6 Times Brighter Than T12 or T8 Bulbs
- Eliminates the Need and Cost of Replacing Existing Fixtures
- 5 Year Warranty
- The T5 Adapter/Bulb Burns Cooler Thus Reducing Air Conditioning Cost
- Utility and Tax Incentives Available
- ROI in 8 to 16 Months in Most Cases
- Qualifies Under “Buy American” Requirements
(*) De-lamping: If your fixtures are (4) bulbs each, simply remove the (4) current inefficient T12 or T8 bulbs and replace them with just (2) highly efficient T5 bulbs/adapters. The T5 adapter has its own extremely efficient built-in ballast. This will produce a full spectrum natural light and a much better light than you had before while still saving you as much as 79% on your lighting cost.
Additional T5 Fluorescent Lighting Advantages:
- Qualifies for LEED points
- Provides higher quality and more natural light which benefits employees, guests, patients, students, and visitors
- T5 Bulbs burn at approximately 95% of their lumens for the life of the bulb compared to 50% degradation for T12s and 25% for T8s
- No discoloring or dimming over the life of the bulb with T5 lighting
- Flexibility – retrofit an entire facility or just one room at a time